If you or a loved one has suffered from a stroke or accident, your speech and ability to swallow food can be adversely affected. Speech language pathologists specialize in therapy that help improve your swallowing and chewing abilities, cognitive skills and communication skills.
Girling Health Care speech therapists will develop a customized program tailored to your specific condition and needs. Our speech therapy services is based upon our primary goal of helping you or your loved one regain independence and improve quality of life.
Speech Therapy Services Include:
- Treatment that strengthens the muscles of the neck, face and mouth to relieve issues with chewing and swallowing
- Improve the ability to speak and process what is being said
- Using nonverbal communication such as facial expressions or gestures as an alternate way to communicate
- Testing the client’s ability to cope when communication is problematic
- Setting measurable goals with the client and family
If you or a loved one are in need of speech therapy services, please reach out to a Girling Health Care representative. Just call, fill out the form, chat or click on this link for our patient referral form.