Pulmonary Health Program
The goal of the Girling Health Care of New York pulmonary health program is to help patients to return to the normal activities they enjoyed prior to their lung illness or COPD. A Girling nurse and/or respiratory therapist will visit you at home for an initial consultation, evaluation and assessment of you pulmonary condition and guide you on the following:
- How to avoid stress and anxiety to keep your condition manageable.
- Avoid large crowds especially with the presence of COVID-19 as well as during the flu season.
- Educate patients for signs and symptoms of lung infection and prevent exacerbation of COPD..
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids.
- How to position your body to alleviate your symptoms.
- The type and amount of activity that is right for you based on your condition and medication.
If you or a loved one are in need of our Pulmonary Health Program, please reach out to a Girling Health Care representative. Just call, fill out the form, chat or click on this link for our patient referral form.